Sunday, March 2, 2008

Yesterday's QUOTES ...

Bates found that I had not demonstrated that “irreparable harm” would befall Al-Ghizzawi if the government did not provide the medical care or records. How Bates could expect me to demonstrate that my client would suffer irreparable harm without my first having access to those very records is beyond me. I queried whether I would have to wait for my client to die before the necessary “irreparable harm” could be shown, but Bates refused to reconsider his Kafkaesque decision and I filed an appeal with the D.C. Circuit Court. Unfortunately for my client, that court has been too busy unraveling our Constitution and the appeal has sat untouched since late 2006.

Unless of course, we’re just not supposed to have a system that works too well. It’s a bit of a tinfoil argument, I know, but what else are we expected to believe when a solution is developed over the course of a year-and-a-half and, when nearing success, is quietly shut down? [...] I also find the timing of the scrapping of this plan somewhat … convenient. The springtime rush of illegal immigrants should already be starting up.

It has been 20 months since Siegelman’s trial ended and no trial transcript has been produced by Fuller's court. This is in violation of the rules of criminal procedure which require a transcript within 30 days of sentencing. Siegelman can't appeal his conviction with out an official trial transcript ... Setting up this kind of injustice is what the Republican Torture Party would find enjoyable. I suppose some would call it (un)Christian? Not to mention criminal.

Is it possible that corporations are placing "swallows" inside the offices of our elected officials? If someone would have suggested this to me a few years ago, I would have laughed it off.

But given the almost lock-step approach of Congress to consistently voting against the citizens of this nation in favor of corporations, this possibility becomes that much stronger. If my theory on Ms. Iseman holds, then her past will reveal some interesting connections. My guess is that she got her sudden rise to stardom much the same way Susan Ralston did.


Cuantos son muertos por mentiras ...

No comments: