Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Obama is more black than white and I'm more tall than short ...

[Correction: As you can probably guess, the title was supposed to be "Obama is more white than black etc.]

Think Progress quotes Jonathan Weisman:
He [Senator Obama] really did not become immersed in black American culture until he left college and went to Chicago. The great irony is that he is much more white than black, beyond skin color.
Well ... I reallly didn't immerse myself in the culture of shortness, or tallness for that matter, until I lived in a country where I was taller than many people I encountered. I suddenly became aware of 'shortness' as only a tall person can experience it. Now, the great irony is that at 5'4" (and falling) I'm much more tall than short. This is just way beyond the stature issues with short and tall.

No comments: