Thursday, June 19, 2008

Let's fire Nancy Pelosi, Steny Hoyer and Harry Reid ...

... revolting toads, or is that turds, that they are.

They've been shamed and beaten, the Republicans are crowing, and the lies keep coming.

Pelosi submits to whatever.

Glenn Greenwald reports that
Several readers have emailed to say that they called the Obama campaign and were told that Obama and his staff are "literally reviewing the bill right now and will make a statement shortly." This Kos diarist reports the same thing.
This wasn't my experience as you can read in the previous post. I was not able to get anyone on the phone (others had the same problem) and the response to my emails was not encouraging coming from the leader of the Democratic Party. Shall we 'hope.' [I'm having just too much fun with that word, but I will willingly trade the 'fun' for 'results.']

Republicans crow, as most would who change defeat into victory.

Remember, the Democrats are the majority party. This cannot be pulled off without the Democratic leadership's cooperation. This is a plot by the Democratic leadership to betray those they represent and conspire with Bush, the GOP and the Telecoms. This was a betrayal, a plot hatched behind closed doors, a conspiracy that bypassed committees and reviews, organized right out of the corrupt GOP playbook. It is not compromise, not a negotiation.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The face of the anti-war movement fires back
By ROBERT L. JAMIESON Jr.
P-I COLUMNIST

BACK WHEN she made national news railing against the war and protesting outside the president's Texas ranch, I slammed Cindy Sheehan.

I called her misguided and said she was no Rosa Parks. I wrote about "the disingenuous way" the grieving mom had politicized the death of her son, Casey, a soldier killed in Iraq four years ago.

"Saint Sheehan," I quipped in 2005.

On Saturday, Sheehan fired back, face-to-face.

"Who misguided me?" she said with a penetrating gaze as we sat at a dining room table of her host in North Seattle. "Who said I was 'a Rosa Parks'? I never made any comparison of myself to anybody."

The temperature in the room started to rise.

"To say I'm a grieving mother is absolutely true," she said. "I will be a grieving mother until I die. But to think that a grieving mother is not intelligent, is not articulate, cannot form her own opinions is ... misguided."

She added: "That somebody like you would think that somebody has to be pulling my strings or guiding me or telling me what to say is insulting. Whatever I say, whatever I do is coming from the best possible place inside me."

It's clear to me now more than ever that Sheehan, 50, follows her own path, which is why she was in Seattle.

After fading as the face of the anti-war cause, she's on a comeback trail, running for Congress in California's 8th District, which covers most of San Francisco.
http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/jamieson/366407_robert10.html