The Audacious Book Salon: Chapter One... and done -- Tue, 04/01/2008 - 2:07pm — vastleft
A short excerpt:
- Politics used to be gentlemanly
- But there were problems, like racism and such (and everyone had to be a "gentleman")
- In the 60s, some of those problems came to a head, and things got better
- Still, the Baby Boomers are "arrested development" cases whose whiny entitlement is the cause of today's political stalemate
- It should be said that the Republicans have done some terrible things. So, maybe it's not a stalemate.
- ... But I'm sure the Democrats have been just as extreme (even if there aren't any relevant examples). And, besides, we're losers.
- Bill Clinton played the GOP to a draw. I'm going to succeed like he did. But differently. And more so. In some way.