Saturday, March 17, 2007

The John McCain that is ...

Whatever John McCain once was, he was not embarrassing. He was interesting, apparently intelligent, colorful. Well, now he is just embarrassing.

The following is from transcript of a conversation between McCain and some reporters on the latest version of his straight-talk express:

Mr. McCain: “I haven’t thought about it. Before I give you an answer, let me think about. Let me think about it a little bit because I never got a question about it before. I don’t know if I would use taxpayers’ money for it.”
The question? About US funding of contraception to prevent AIDS in Africa. This is a new subject to McCain? Or is it that he just doesn't have his brain completely adjusted to the hard right as yet?

-----------------------

The New York Times: McCain Stumbles on HIV Prevention by Adam Nagourney

No comments: