Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Arizona's Republican Legislature

As usual Republican top priorities include cutting taxes for their friends. As sales taxes, property evaluations and fees go up. As services and roads deteriorate. You can count on the Repugs to look at the issue closest to their heart. Cutting taxes for their friends.
"State lawmakers are trying to figure out which tax cuts would give them the biggest bang for their buck." [No dearth of Arizona tax-cut proposals by Howard Fischer, Capitol Media Service]
Though I do agree, as
astounding as that may be, with one proposal. I just don't trust the Republicans to adjust corporate income tax to make up for such a change. Before Bush -and Repugs in general- had shown their true colors it would not have pained me to agree with a Republican, but since I do agree I will state that I do. I agree with Republican Representative from Glendale, Rick Murphy, that the tax on business equipment "... is a silly tax."

I also think property tax is a silly tax. I would like to see all taxes limited to taxes on earnings and income and any wealth or property that changes ownership. But that's me and there's not much hope of a logical restructuring of our tax system. And it is extremely dangerous to the general citizen to let Repugs make money decisions and legislate about taxes, health, welfare, warfare or anything at all as they have shown us over and over again these last five years.

In general the American populace is either too trusting or fast asleep as it took way too long for many to understand the underlying greed, perversion and all around baseness upon which the current Republican Party is built. They sully the name of Conservative --and anything else the[y] touch.

No comments: