Monday, August 11, 2008

My umpteenth final notice ...

I just received another final notice about my vehicle's expired factory warranty. 2nd and final notices seem to be as numerous as sands on the beach or drops in the oceans. There is just no limit to the number of times one will receive that 2nd or final notice. They seem to be interchangeable. I will receive a final (but not 'the' final, evidently) notice and with the next phone call I will receive a 2nd notice.

I've been told by others that one does not even need to own a vehicle in order to be honored by 2nd and final notices.

This final notice was by way of the post office. And they have make, model, year. Though they do seem to be a little confused.

It seems that:
You purchased your _____ 19 months ago. The original in service date of the vehicle, which activates factory coverage, was over 38 months ago.
My that was a fast 19 months. In fact, I purchased the vehicle in 2004. Definitely over 38 months ago.

No comments: