Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Edwards, Obama, Clinton ...

Blog for Arizona links to this cartoon which capsulizes my concern about Obama's stated 'make nice' philosophy. Obama is not always that 'nice' to his opponents. To me it seems that people who espouse this approach often use it selectively as a way to avoid handling critical problems often to the detriment of the very people who were depending on them.

Make nice isn't my approach to life and personality cults make me very uncomfortable. Fairness, competence and accountability are more appealing to me. Right now we have none of these working for us in the US government. I'm not sure just adding 'make nice' to the mess we are in will amount to much.

Obama and Clinton appear to have cleaned up their who's-the-racist act so Obama, who appeared to be campaigning like a Republican against one of his own party, is not currently on my 'will not vote for' list.

Since the title of the post mentions Edwards I'll add that I started out prefering him. Now it's between Edwards and Clinton and I'm not sure which would be best. I just don't think Obama is the best of the three. I'd prefer he stay in the Senate and try again in 8 years. We should be able to understand him better by then.

No comments: